Friday, February 02, 2007

Maman Badi passes away

On Jan 20th, my grandmother passed away. I had spent the week before she passed with her, and I was so grateful at the opportunity to have done so. She was a poet, a mother of 5, an advocate for women's rights, and a pretty cool woman. I am happy that her soul can be free to assist all those who call on her from the next world. This pic was taken about 5 days before she passed.

My family was worried about me being involved in the funeral, being pregnant and all. And while it was sad, I was also more deeply reminded of the cycle of life, birth to death, in this world. Both posess much joy and beauty, and a little bit of pain in the transition. I am also reminded that none of this could happen without God.

2 Comments:

At Sun Feb 25, 01:58:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are moments where I lose sight of the depth of love I have for you .......... and moments when the realisations stirs the soul within me!!!!

Can u guess the moment i'm having now !!!

Love you much
and miss you more
prayers for you and your family :)

I guess you can now compete with budda belly ;)

 
At Tue Oct 14, 12:24:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so grateful to see that someone else can feel the rainbow of emotions when they lose a loved one!

We are very lucky women to have had such influential grandmothers in our lives to look up to and cherish!

Sarah E:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home